Posted on July 14th, 2010 No comments
You know what the Flicky means! I’m real busy with real work and need to break from here for a little bit. Be back shortly.
Posted on May 19th, 2010 2 comments
So…tired…but no worries, normal updating will return very shortly.
Posted on May 4th, 2010 No comments
A bit busy with cleaning and such today. But while you’re waiting for a real update, why not play some Synopsis Quest Deluxe if you haven’t yet?
Posted on April 1st, 2010 1 comment
I get to spend mine doing taxes!
Posted on February 16th, 2010 No comments
It always seems to be “one of those weeks” around here, which means that I once again haven’t had the wherewithal to do much over on this domain. Sorry about that. Plus, I like watching the Olympics.
In the meantime, why not check out this article over on timewarpgamer.com about SNES regional box-art differences? If you like this site, it’ll be right up your alley, I promise.
Posted on February 10th, 2010 3 comments
As noted around the net today, Halverson intends to re-launch GameFan.
A lot more buzz seems to be focused on EGM, and it’s not much of a mystery why — EGM is a pretty new concept and it has something of an all-star staff, while the new GameFan is basically more of the same from Halverson, a mag that combines elements of Play and Geek Monthly into something that sounds a bit like — dare I say it? — PiQ. I’m not too optimistic that the market for PiQ is any better now than it was two years ago.
Posted on February 9th, 2010 5 comments
- Fusion Publishing, producers of Play and Geek Monthly, hasn’t published anything since the January Play (above)
- The last print issue I got of Geek Monthly (subscription renewed in June ’09 or so) was way back in September; they apparently distributed their October and November issues in digital-only format while I wasn’t paying attention
- Play has recently lost two key staffers — Greg Orlando went to PlayStation: The Official Magazine, and Brady Fiechter, who was sorta the editor-in-chief, has moved on to the new EGM project
- A report on Geek’s Facebook page claims that readers are receiving notices that Fusion has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy (i.e. liquidation). I haven’t gotten my notice yet, but I certainly look forward to reading it and seeing exactly how impossible it’ll be to get a refund*
Does this mean that I’m not gonna be producing “Dave Halverson’s Greatest Hits” for 2010? 🙁
* Not like we did any such thing at PiQ, of course. But that was all out of my hands, I promise, having been laid off way beforehand! (Not that I was gonna spend my personal money to send out refunds, but…)
Posted on January 20th, 2010 1 comment
Sorry to jet on you again, but I’m on vacation for the rest of January, skiing in Tahoe. Above is some footage from last year.
Maybe I’ll update a bit during this time, but to be frank, I probably won’t! (I’m doing my January the Nintendo way — in hibernation, am I right, guys??!!)
In the meantime, why not review some of the PC Engine coverage I’ve generated so far, all 61 articles of it?
See you folks later!
Posted on November 18th, 2009 1 comment
A rough coupla days ahead! Aieee!
Posted on October 20th, 2009 1 comment
Work! Work! Putting together a futon all night!
Updates coming back sometime soon!